- This event has passed.
Buying in Times of Uncertainty: Online Roundtable for Fashion Buyers
April 9, 2020 @ 4:00 pm - 5:00 pmFree
The global health crisis has brought consumer spending to an abrupt standstill, slashing away almost all turnover during the most important fashion retail months of the season. Fashion retailers around the world have been challenged to rethink the practices so engrained within the industry.
How is this crisis encouraging fashion retailers to take a joint approach to remain in business, while also protecting the most vulnerable in the supply chain?
On Thursday the 9th of April we will be holding our second round table discussion titled ‘Buying in times of uncertainty’. With a select group of fashion retail buyers we will talk in an atmosphere of pre-competitive collaboration about topics such as:
– What sustainable solutions can we think of for the stock that we have already bought and will possibly not be able to sell?
– Should we change the industry’s buying and delivery schedules for the upcoming seasons, to dampen losses for all?
– How can we mitigate the risks for our companies, as well as those involved in our supply chain in the future?
– … and any other questions that are on your mind as buyer
As they say, ‘we are all in this together’. Let’s leverage each other’s experience and expertise to all come out smarter, and continue on our path towards a more sustainable fashion retail industry.
Are you a fashion retail buyer, and would you like to exchange ideas and solutions with other professionals? Come and join the conversation on: Thursday the 9th of April at 16:00, via Zoom.
This event is free of charge, invite only. Register here if you’d like to join this conversation. After reviewing your application, you will receive information how to join this online round table.
- April 9, 2020
4:00 pm - 5:00 pm
- Event Tags:
- Buyers, Buying, Fashion, Online, Roundtable, uncertainty
- GOOD BRAND GURU
- View Organizer Website